Code of Standards & Ethics
Our Learning Environment
Laugh and Learn LLC is more than day-care. We focus on the safety and development of your child. Therefore, we maintain the highest standards in safety, cleanliness, nutrition, and education.
Laugh and Learn LLC follows the state’s early learning standard by the Georgia Department of Education. We follow the Georgia Early Learning and Development Standards (GELDS) for a curriculum guide and lesson planning for Infants, Toddlers, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten.
We are redefining the extent of day-care. Our theory of education focuses on the development of the child. The child will learn through play and will be allowed to make decisions that help to promote independence. Co-curricular activities, such as movies, music, sports, and Spanish, are also included.
Our certified preschool and Kindergarten programs are consistent with the curriculum of public-school Kindergarten programs and are structured to develop your child for transition easily to a public or private school.
The safety of your child is our main priority. We ensure the highest standards in this regard. A regular reminder of the importance of following and maintaining the highest safety standards is our Safe Play Pledge. We ensure:
- To gain entry to any Laugh and Learn LLC Center, visitors or parents must speak to our administrative receptionist to pick up their child. At every Center, we have 24-hour camera surveillance and our doors stay locked. We are very close to the parents of the children we care for so we know who’s child belongs to whom.
- Visitors are required to show their identity and sign-in before entering the Center.
- An emergency contact form is filled by parents, which is updated every six months. Parents can mention family members who are allowed to pick up your child. Before we allow a child to leave the Center with a family member, we require identification.
- Teachers are present in the playground at strategic positions during playtime to ensure proper supervision.
- Each teacher is required to be certified in CPR, First Aid, fire safety, and complete the health & safety training.
- Regular post-emergency evacuation plans and fire and evacuation exercises are held at all Center.
- It is ensured that the playground is equipped with proper fencing, fulfilling the Consumer Product Safety Commission standards.
- Weather and temperature are checked before allowing children to play outside.
- Medical and allergy logs are available at each Center.
- Advanced equipment is used to ensure proper supervision of children.
Cleanliness and Hygiene Standards
Cleanliness and hygiene require continuous diligence from all employees. Everything at Laugh and Learn LLC is kept clean, from our professional clothing to our cleaning materials.
In keeping with the high expectations of Laugh and Learn LLC, we have a professional cleaning staff to ensure regular and proper cleaning. For deep-cleaning, we keep regular in-session cleaning days by Biocentrally (disinfection & cleaning company) to sanitize the entire school. All cleaning equipment is kept in locked cabinets for extra protection.
There is no place for germs in our classrooms. That is the reason that we emphasize regular hand washing during the day for everyone: staff, teachers, students, and parents. We sanitize and segregate toys regularly that children put in their mouths in a “Wash Me” container, placed in a separate room for cleaning. In classrooms, our teachers use gloves, shoe covers, and hands-free garbage disposal containers. There is a separate area for diapering, away from eating areas, and each child’s bedding is individually kept to prevent cross-contamination.
During cold and flu season, we pay particular attention to germ control. Our teachers are extra careful during this period and pay special attention to each child to determine their wellbeing. Using a symptom log report, we track diseases and sickness, which is checked every month. We also offer tips to keep your children safe in our e-newsletter to help parents. If your child is sick during the school day, we immediately inform parents so that the parents and the Center can take the best course of action.
One of the best things you and your child can do to avoid getting sick is frequent handwashing. Sterilight air filtration is present in every classroom. These units help remove viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms. They filter toxic particles and gases, and an advanced UV light chamber disrupts the toxic microorganisms.
Healthy Eating, Healthy Living
At Laugh and Learn LLC, we teach children the benefit of making healthy food decisions on their own. And we emphasize the role that exercise and physical activity play in keeping them healthy, developing permanent healthy habits in your child.
Laugh and Learn LLC take guidance from national services to move towards that goal. The Let’s Move campaign, which sets children on the road to a healthier future during their early age, has provided us with a range of opportunities to provide physical activity and essential nutrition to our children.